Saturday, March 31, 2007

Isn't it Ironic?

Last night I was driving home and "Ina Gada Da Vida" came on the radio. Normally, this would have made me happy. But I was only three minutes away from home. I think this is an appropriate situation for Alanis Morissette to caterwaul about:

"It's like ten thousand spoons, when all you need is a knife /
It's like 'Ina Gada Da Vida' coming on the radio, three minutes before your scheduled execution /
Isn't it ironic? /
Don't you think?"

(I thought that might be too morbid, but when checking the lyrics about the knifey-spoony thing, I remembered the real song actually DOES mention execution.)

Of course the sad truth is that the song turned out to be a shitty, sell-out, three minute version of the song, AND I got stuck at the light turning left into my apartment complex, so I ended up having to search the dial for something else to fill my ears for the last minute. How's that for iron(butterfl)y?

1 Comments:

Blogger lanyard said...

And as the dj came on
Thrillho said,
"Huh. Well, isn't this nice?

3/31/2007 10:35 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home