Monday, January 15, 2007

Sporty

First, those few readers which actually forget that I haven't posted in forever and accidentally check this page will probably not care one whit about this subject, so sorry! But with luck this will be the first of regular posts to come, so take hope in that. Also, at least I have been posting pictures to flickr regularly! (see sidebar)

Yay Patriots! Yay four awesome games of football. Three decided by a field goal each, and one decided by seven and no TDs. No STDs either, as far as I am aware. And now the Pats are just an Indianapolos away from another Super Bowl appearance. I like their chances against Indy more than their chances against San Diego, but it is absolutely no guarantee. It is only Monday morning and I am already losing sleep over next Sunday.

In other sports, I thought it was very interesting that in the first day of the Australian Open, only 3 of 16 seeded players lost (is that below average?), and all three losses came at the hands of Americans. And there were no other Americans playing seeded players (that, by induction, would have lost). I emphasize that I find this interesting and nothing more; it would be just as notable if the same were true for the Russians, although of course as a default I will root for the Americans. At any rate, today there are five Americans playing seeded players, but one of them is playing Nadal, so look for them to not continue the same pattern.

Did I mention how I love the Australian Open because the live matches happen at night here, so I don't have to skip work to watch it?

3 Comments:

Blogger lanyard said...

The post-comma portion of this sentence is very important: "No STDs either, as far as I am aware."

Whenever I hear of "seeds" in tennis, I think of sod. Sugar Sod Pops.

Yay for new post! "eqcuwr"! Now to flickr-stalkr. Wait, I just invented a new term, which I will now post on my blog. CROSS-BLOGGINATION!

1/16/2007 9:57 AM

 
Blogger lanyard said...

P.S. Do Flickr comments get emailed to you automatically? I left one on a back-er page.

1/16/2007 10:09 AM

 
Blogger thrillho said...

Well, how am I to know whether or not player X, when just having leapt to catch the ball, didn't have a sharp burning sensation in his groinal region, causing a critical loss of concentration?

Also, Flickr does not email comments (well, maybe it can) but there is an indication on the front page when there are new comments, etc. on your images. So yes, I saw your comment.

1/16/2007 11:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home