Tuesday, November 28, 2006

To whom that stole my mouse.

I. Will. Keel. Yous.

(Disclaimer: I don't know if the title is grammatically correct or not. It's 4th-and-inches and I'm punting.)

Yesterday I moved my computer back up to my old desk (the desk has not been occupied by anyone else in the meantime), but I did not set it up; I just dumped the stuff and left. This morning I came to dust and clean the desk and set up the computer, and when it came time to plug in the mouse, lo! The mouse was nowhere! No mouse was there! I searched every drawer and facet of both my new (old) desk and my interim desk, which I had just cleaned off yesterday, but the mouse was still nowhere! I don't specifically remember putting the mouse down anywhere, but I can't imagine where I would have put it, if not at either desk. I didn't bring it home with me. Therefore, the only logical conclusion is that SOME STICKY-FINGERED FELLOW GRAD STUDENT LIFTED IT IN THE DEAD OF NIGHT. The thing is, this room has a code to enter, so with great probability the thief is a denizen of this same office. So I think the most sensical course of action is to defecate on each desk until the guilty person returns my mouse. I will report on the success or failure of this stratagem.

But in the meantime, I have more to complain about. I borrowed a temporary mouse so that I could actually use the computer, but when I booted up, lo! The network was nowhere! There was no network anywhere! I could not even connect to the local domain, so I suspect that the connection is bad at my desk (I don't know why they would have disconnected the connection at this particular location, though). Fortunately, I have a wireless antenna, so all was not lost, and here I sit now, posting on Blogger through the aether. I guess I have to go to OIT and poop on their desk, too.

1 Comments:

Blogger lanyard said...

OMG! LOLZ! pooping on desks as a means of revenge will ALWAYS BE FUNNY! Mark my words, puny mortals!

P.S. My mom had a friend in high school who defecated on a hated teacher's desk.

Yeah.

A mutual acquaintance of the friend in question and my mother nicknamed them Guns 'n' Ammo.

"fybujyyu."

11/28/2006 1:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home