Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I don't think this is what Harry E. Bay envisioned

Go to ebay and search for "name our baby" (but without the quotes). Go ahead and do it. There are 4 or 5 current auctions, and a few have ended. This isn't even new; the first time this happened was about a year ago. Does anyone else think it is repulsive to sell out your unborn child (I mean... sack of undifferentiated cells) in such a manner?!

The funniest part is that the original listings were for $15,000, and now there is one for $4,500. It's not enough that people are willing to sell out their children, but they're willing to do it for less money than it will cost to put the children through therapy in 10 to 20 years!

I have a suggestion for all those who have such listings: go search for potato chips which resemble Egyptian pharaohs.

Alternate title for this entry: "Hey, GoldenPalace.com, your name is my name too!"

1 Comments:

Blogger lanyard said...

Smeariously, this does seem wrong. It's like someone's begging for an Anastasia Krupnik situation, where his or her kid ends up as "One-Ball O'Reilly (last name)."

I laffed aloud at "(I mean... sack of undifferentiated cells)." I just typoed "undifferentiated sells," which I guess is strangely topical. HOMOPHONES! Watch out, they'll try to recruit you.

8/15/2006 9:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home